Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Scraplings

What is a Scrapling - Quote:

The idea came about by trying to use up all the scraps we have in cardmaking. Specifically when you take a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card and cut off a piece to make a square greeting card you are left with a piece that is 1 1/2" x 4 1/4". With this piece and other "scraps" you have lying around you make a "mini" card. The size of the Scrapling is not written in stone, it is really a small or mini-sized version of a normal greeting card.

Unquote

I really had fun making these mini canvasses.



Just used a couple of paper scraps and a bird from the scrap basket. Added a Hero Arts sentiment a little bit of stamping at the top and the bottom.


 I already had this stamped flower panel which I adhered to my mini card, added a butterfly which is cut out of the Nature Notes book from Edith Holden and I stamped the card top and bottom with HA's Lace design stamp.


Using stamps from SU's Nature Walk set which I recently found on Ebay. Here again I used a tag which was in my scrapbasket and a scrap piece of pp.

Until next time!
Jacqueline

16 comments:

  1. Just perfect. Can't think of anything else to say except just perfect. All 3 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful! And a great idea...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you certainly are having fun with the scraplings - love all three of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all lovely. I have the Nature Walk set from SU and find that I use the images in the set in many ways. It has turned out to be a very classic set in my collection! I love your use here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute all three of them. I can imagine that you had a good time making them.
    Thanks for showing Anneke.
    www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so beautiful!! You must have great fun making them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mini-cards are exceptionally lovely--I never thought of using my scraps in this way. What a wonderful idea-thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. simply gorgeous Jacqueline. They are really lovely scraplings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply gorgeous little works of art Jacqueline. You have a wonderful eye for design:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards and such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in awe...it's always a treat to have a look here. Love all three of them. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these are simply beautiful Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful works of art, Jacqueline. Such gorgeous backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice that I solong time follow you.
    Lovely cards make you.
    Bye-bye Ballie (Bennarda)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!