Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tag Tuesday - Men

Not at all my favorite crafting subject - masculine cards or tags are just not my cup of tea - I don't enjoy crafting with this theme in mind. But I am so attached to the Tuesday challenge that I will try my utter best to come up with something, if I can.



I was thinking of sharing something today from the heart and I wanted to be able to relate to your hearts. I know alot of ladies are going through menopause and it's not always nice to go through changes which make us uncomfortable. But I have found that I can still harden my heart towards God and not even be aware of it! I have times when I can be so disappointed that I am still so arrogant, so unloving and unforgiving - that I can actually make life heavy for those around me... I SO NEEDED A LOVING SAVIOUR! I am so lucky to have a DH who cares enough and is stubborn enough to keep on loving me. My only comfort is the Scriptures and I thought about Peter today who had said to Jesus that he would never betray him - even if everybody else did, he would stick by Jesus. The cock crowed three times and Peter cried bitterly because he had to conclude that in his own strength, he just couldn't do it. Jesus knew that and it took a crisis for Peter to discover his own heart. That's why we must rejoice if God disciplines us because it is for our own good. I had to think of this verse :

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin". 1 John 1:7

A wonderful invitation and promise from the Lord to keep our hearts in peace and harmony with Him and each other!

Some more little photos of our garden.

20 comments:

  1. A delightful tag Jacqueline. I can't image why you found it difficult!

    I so know how you feel the menopause thing has hit me like a brick wall, Thank you for the encouraging words at this difficult time. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jacqueline - your thoughts today touched me.... you are so true about menopause causing us to making life hard for others... and hardened our hearts to the Lord....
    BTW - you tag is quite lovely. You are the Queen of Collage...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "little man" theme is just delightful, so beautifully designed.
    I wonder why you have such a difficult time with this theme -- maybe it's because you are surrounded by men at home so much you need to give it a rest:0)
    Many of us are with you in the menopause thing -- it's amazing the changes it brings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya about the menopause thing...I've been joking for years that my body has 2 temperatures: frozen and on fire. I craft between hot flashes. Praise God for giving us loving and understanding husbands.
    I love your fun, manly collage tag, the image is perfect.
    bless you,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a neat tag, Jacqueline. I love the tape measures. I also soak in your written words because sometimes I need to hear just what you have said. Thanks for your faithfulness to keep putting out the word. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is in need of what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful Tag.. I am not a big fan of the masculine card either, I hope mine turnes out half as wonderful as yours.. I off to my craft room now to see what I can come up with...

    Hey I'm right there with you guys, no sleep, night sweats, moddy. So thank you for your kind word. I need all the encouragement I can get!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jacqueline, this tag is just perfect for the manly theme! Love all the elements! :)

    The menopause thing was a breeze for me for some reason. It didn't seem to bother me much at all...guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Even so, there are some other major struggles I am having in my life right now too, so your words today helped so much! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It might not have been an enjoyable theme to work on but it is a very enjoyable tag to look at!! Sometimes when I do things I didn't think I would enjoy I surprise myself - I hope you found some enjoyment in the act of creating...because the tag is a delight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful tag! Perfect masculine tag. Love the image of the boy it is sweet. Love your thoughts about the hardening of the heart. It is very easy to do this, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I think that even though you don't like masculine crafting, you have a knack for it! Your tag is delightfully vintage and fun! Thanks for your heartfelt words, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The muted colours work so well and your images are beautiful. TFS. Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tag is wonderful! I love every little detail in there! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Jacqueline, your words about Jesus are really encouraging. Though I haven't come to that period of time, I can prepare myself for that.
    Thanks Jesus that we have wonderful husbands.
    Your tag is wonderful as I don't see that you found it difficult to make.. Hugs, Dwita.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I eagerly await your entries, you do such wonderful work, and this is no exception. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fantastic masculine tage, love all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely tag. Masculine with a bit of femine mixed in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful words and a beautiful tag. Jacqueline, this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jacqueline - beautiful tag and beautiful words. I think you have touched a lot of people there. - Jacqueline xx.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is amazing that you can do such beautiful work outside of your comfort zone. Maybe if it had a butterfly....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!