Monday, July 6, 2009

Meditation Monday - The Way Out Is Up


Good morning! Today I am sharing another devotional from Derek Prince - I hope to get my calm back after the holidays to share from the heart. I am too preoccupied with so many preparations and in this heat wave I think it is the best thing to do.

Quote:
"Sacrifice thank offerings to God,
fulfill your vows to the Most High,
and call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you will honor me."
Psalm 50:14-15

Here is the divine way out of trouble. Just now you may be in the midst of it. Everything is going against you, and you cannot see any way out. But listen to what the psalmist says: The way out is up - to God. "Sacrifice thank offerings..." That sounds senseless, but try it anyway! In the midst of all your problems, stop worrying and start thanking God. Lift your voice to God - not in complaining, but in praise. Offer Him a sacrifice of thanksgiving.

A sacrifice always costs you something. But it is a sacrifice that pleases God. In return, God promises: "When you offer Me your sacrifice of thankfulness in the midst of all the trouble, then i will intervene on your behalf. I will deliver you and you will honor me."

In the last verse of the psalm God returns to this theme. He says: "He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God". God is waiting to deliver you. But He requires you to prepare the way for Him to intervene in your situation. This you do when you begin to sacrifice your thank offerings to Him.

In Philippi Paul and Silas were in the "maximum security" section of the jail. Their feet were fastened in the stocks, their backs bleeding from a beating. Nevertheless, at midnight, the darkest hour, they were praying and singing hymns. Suddenly God intervened with an earthquake. They were instantly released and the jailer converted (Acts 16/22-34). It was their sacrifice of praise that had prepared the way for God's intervention.

Faith's response 'Right now Lord, in the midst of my trouble, I offer to You my
sacrifices of praise and thankfulness.'

Unquote

Hope that this leaves a blessing in your life today! It certainly blessed me while I was typing it!
Jacqueline

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your posting your Monday meditations in spite of a heat wave. Derek Prince is always a good choice.

    I hope you got to see the tour de france as the bikes went sailing past where you live. We are so excited that our gdau will get to see them in Montpellier tomorrow.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great meditation for this Monday, Jacqueline. I've always been moved by the thought that Paul and Silas praised the Lord while still in their chains. It's a much needed reminder today....thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for providing a little time to pause and reflect. I hope the heat wave breaks and you get a cool breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank so much for posting this! i love your meditation monday posts. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!