Sunday, November 16, 2008

Staying with the techniques week at Hero Art

Another card made for the techniques challenge. I used real flowers from my Hortensia plant, which were quite dry already but will probably get a bit wrinkled and browner on the card! I love the technique of resist embossing, but it would have taken it a stage further if I had ironed off the embossing powder to create the Batik effect, which I think would have been more effective.



Another card using a stamp from tin can mail - haven't used this stamp very much but here I had an opportunity.



Just including another photo of a shot taken here in our little village. Most of the windows have shutters which protect against sun but also close at night. I can't imagine living in a house without them now. The walls of houses are also extremely thick to preserve a cool interior in the summer.


(photo made by Margreet van Straalen 2007)

10 comments:

  1. Love the techniques you're using - those cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that hydrangea card! That is the perfect stamp to resist. All your cards are gorgeous. I love when you share pictures of your village and sorroundings. I have never been to France and enjoy the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards. love the technique, beautiful use of colour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jacqueline, Love your cards here - the real flowers add a whole new dimension.

    Also enjoyed your photo of the windows with the big shutters. Made me remember when we lived in Luxembourg years and years ago, they had what they called "rouladen", big horizontal blinds that rolled down on the outside of the windows......they really kept out the light! Thanks for bringing back that memory!

    Hugs from my own personal snowglobe in Ohio,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know which I like more -- that goregous card with real flowers on it or the picture of the lovely French house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love these cards....simply beautiful!

    I love the photo too, thanks for sharing! Have you always lived in France?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jacqueline, I'm just catching up on the blogs after vacation; I love all the resist work you've shown. I have to try that when I have a moment or two to play/create!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Schitterende kaarten, Jacqueline
    en wat een leuke foto van een heel mooi huis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are very pretty, but I particularly like the first one - the colours are exquisite.
    Ros

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!