Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Weekly challenge Hero Arts - SUMMER!



I didn't think this theme was easy, but it gets you thinking. Actually, once again the HA gallery provided just one little bit of inspiration which opened new possibilities for stamping once again - would never have thought of it myself!
The background of the image is a pot of Geraniums which I took last summer in Spain. It was sitting on a wall on the terras of our Hotel. Geraniums are a summer plant and can be seen everywhere in the Mediterranean region. I softened it up in Photoshop and printed it out, then stamped over the top with my collage stamp. Stamped the words 'I' and 'summer' on left-over scraps and attached them to the card - then I added a butterfly to the summer scene.



I'm adding this one today (Thursday) as it has the same theme - only this time the background is a photo of my lavender bushes and I added 'France' as the senitment.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, now that you point out the geraniums, how cool! I probably would have just gone right over them. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for your background! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it again, Jacqueline. Flowers in the background, and a pretty pink card! I love what you did with that collage stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love the softened background photo makes a great base for the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the lavender card is wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the first one until I saw the second one....I just love the lavender one....beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are GORGEOUS !!! Love the "FRANCE" ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a good idea with the background. love this so much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your visit - I so appreciate it!